Guidelines for all participants
1) You can join our community by completing the "sign up" process. By signing up you are able to participate in our community and in exchange we ask for basic identification information that allows us to maintain the quality and security of SURVIVEiT®.
2) To build trust within our community, we require all users and reviews be authentic and therefore require a minimal amount of verification information from our users. SURVIVEiT® understands how personal a cancer diagnosis is to most people and therefore we designed our platform to protect your identity. When you rate your level of care and leave a review, you're doing so anonymously and your name and email will never be made public. Should you wish make your identity known, please feel free to do so within the title or content of your written review (some users choose to include their name in the title or within the content of their review - and that's entirely acceptable). We understand that you may prefer to remain anonymous for privacy reasons and therefore by default, your identity will be protected and will never be made public.
SURVIVEiT® will collect and use some personal information but will not sell that information. If you want to self-disclose your full name or personal information that is your choice.
3) Please be respectful of fellow users, reviewers, critics and SURVIVEiT® staff.
4) By signing up for SURVIVEiT®, you agree with the following:
- Offensive or abusive behavior will not be tolerated.
- I will not give or seek medical advice through my reviews, but will share my experience(s) as accurately as possible.
- I will be accurate, honest, current, and complete in my reviews.
- I will not plagiarize or steal content or materials.
- I will identify and link to sources when information is from a source other than me.
- I will not post confidential or proprietary information.
- I will distinguish factual information from my personal commentary.
- I will not impersonate any person or entity.
5) SURVIVEiT® users should also note that:
- SURVIVEiT® will monitor online activity and reserves the right to remove content deemed unacceptable without prior warning.
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on SURVIVEiT®'s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- Modify or copy the materials;
- Use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- Attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on SURVIVEiT®'s website;
- Remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- Transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by SURVIVEiT® at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The content of SURVIVEiT.org is for general information purposes only and does not constitute medical advice. SURVIVEiT.org tries to provide content that is true and accurate as of the date of writing; however, we give no assurance or warranty regarding the accuracy, timeliness, or applicability of any of the contents. Visitors to SURVIVEiT.org should not act upon SURVIVEiT.org's content or information without first seeking appropriate professional advice. Visitors to SURVIVEiT.org should always seek the advice of a qualified medical professional.
SURVIVEiT.org assumes no responsibility for information contained on this website and disclaims all liability in respect of such information. In addition, none of SURVIVEiT.org's content will form any part of any contract between us or constitute any type of offer by SURVIVEiT.org. Specific disclaimers may apply in addition to certain content or parts of the site. SURVIVEiT.org accepts no responsibility for and excludes all liability in connection with browsing this website, use of information or downloading any materials from it, including but not limited to any liability for errors, inaccuracies, omissions, or misleading or defamatory statements. The information on this website might include opinions or views which, unless expressly stated otherwise, are not necessarily those of SURVIVEiT.org or any associated company or any person in relation to whom they would have any liability or responsibility.
All content and information at SURVIVEiT.org might be changed or updated without notice. SURVIVEiT.org might also make changes or improvements at any time without notice. SURVIVEiT.org hereby excludes liability for any claims, losses, demands, or damages of any kind whatsoever with regard to any information, content, or services provided at our Web site, including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, or consequential loss or damages, compensatory damages, loss of profits, or data, or otherwise.
Disclaimer of Endorsement
Reference within this site to any medical institution does not constitute or imply an endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by SURVIVEiT®. The views and opinions of the authors of content published at SURVIVEiT.org does not necessarily state or reflect the opinion of SURVIVEiT® or its owners, and cannot be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
Disclaimer for Links to External, Third-Party Websites
Content and Links Disclaimer
SURVIVEiT.org seeks to ensure that all content and information published on this website is current and accurate. The information at SURVIVEiT.org does not in any way constitute legal or professional advice and SURVIVEiT® cannot be held liable for actions arising from its use. In addition, SURVIVEiT.org cannot be held responsible for the contents of any externally linked pages.
In no event shall SURVIVEiT® or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on SURVIVEiT®'s Internet site, even if SURVIVEiT® or a SURVIVEiT® authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on SURVIVEiT®'s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. SURVIVEiT® does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. SURVIVEiT® may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. SURVIVEiT® does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
SURVIVEiT® has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by SURVIVEiT® of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
Any claim relating to SURVIVEiT®'s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of South Dakota without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
A General Understanding of Where Our Data Comes From
Cancer facility listings are based on self reported experiences from our advisory boards, our users, and research performed by our staff. We also rely greatly on publically reported data from various credible sources including, the National Insitutes of Health (NIH), National Cancer Institute (NCI), ClinicalTrials.gov, Commission On Cancer (COC), Cancer Center Websites, and other organizations who collect meaningful cancer specific data to help patients determine qualified second opinion cancer centers. We look for things that would indicate, which cancer center is doing the most research, sees the most patients, has the most qualified oncologists on staff, receives the most research dollars, offers the most clincial trials, etc. for each type of cancer.
Each "Best in Class" listing is unique for each type of cancer. We perform seperate data reviews for each type of cancer and we look for data on things such as research dollars received, number of patients seen, number of oncologists on staff, number of clinical trials offered, number of peer reviewed research papers published by that staff, etc. We perform this research for every type of cancer to help us determine "Best in Class" cancer center listings to help our users determine where to seek a second opinion. Our data is limited to what we are able to find publically and what cancer centers/other organizations are willing to share with us. Some cancer centers are open about sharing data and some are not. Since much of this data is self reported, we acknowledge that this listing may not be perfect, however we do feel it provides our users with a very good representation of qualified second opinion cancer centers for their specific type of cancer. At a mininum we update this listing annually and perform periodic updates throughout the year as new data and recommendations become available.
Data on research dollars received for cancer centers are based upon the latest NIH/NCI reported data for funding granted to specific cancer treatment centers and affiliated institutions by cancer type. Our research dollar data does not represent total research dollars that institution may have received from additional sources or affiliates.
Last Updated: October 1, 2017